Just a reminder for parents to go online to Parent Connect and respond to the School District 83 consent forms, as well as the Consent to Commercial email. Thank you to those parents that have already done so. For Further instructions, click on the following link Instructions Parent Connect.
Terry Fox Run is tomorrow Thursday September 20, between 10:10 and 11:20 am. We will run/walk rain or shine as Terry did, and we invite family members to join us. We will start in the gym with a short assembly and video presentation. We also ask, if possible, students bring a donation to support the Terry Fox Foundation. Any donation amount is welcomed. Our goal is to raise at least $120- about a dollar for every student and adult at North Shuswap.
StrongStart starts tomorrow September 20th, between 9:00 and 12:00 pm. This is a free program for children aged 0-5. If you have not signed up, please stop in at the office for more information.
Class lists will be posted at the office tomorrow morning September 5. Due to increased enrollment class structure is as follows:
DIV 05 Mrs.Penner – Kindergarten / Gr.1
DIV 04 Ms.Haugland – Gr.1 / Gr.2
DIV 03 Mrs.Schmidt – Gr.3 / Gr.4 / Gr.5
DIV 02 Mrs.Witzke – Gr.5 / Gr.6
DIV 01 Mr.Schmidt – Gr.7 / Gr.8
Welcome to the new school year 2018-2019! A couple items to note…
We are excited to welcome two new teachers to North Shuswap Elementary.
- Div 02 – Mrs. Witzke
- Div 04 – Miss Haugland
Tuesday September 4, 2018
- 8:00 am – Classes Begin (All classes will be meeting in the gym)
- 10:53 am – Early Dismissal
- Kindergarten students do not attend school on Tuesday September 4, 2018.
Wednesday September 5, 2018
- Full day for Grades 1-8
- Kindergarten gradual entry begins. If you have questions, please call the school at 250-955-2214. Kindergarten gradual entry is one week running Sep 5-7th. Kindergarten students will go to full days starting Sep 10, 2018.
All school fees and supply lists are posted on our website.
We also have a new bell schedule posted as well.
See you next week!
Almost school time! We are hoping you are having a great summer!
If you are new to the area, Welcome! New student registration is set for August 28th from 9 – 2 p.m. Please come to the office at North Shuswap Elementary to register. If you can not make registration day but are still planning on coming to North Shuswap Elementary, we ask that you call the school at any time and leave a message. Please see our district website for more information regarding new student registration.
On behalf of all the staff, we wish everyone a wonderful summer!
A few items to note:
- Busing information for 2018-2019 gets mailed out in August. If you do not receive a postcard from transportation that means your child is not registered for the bus. Please call transportation to register at 250-832-9415.
- School fee and supply lists for 2018-2019 went home in report cards. They are also posted on our website.
Aug 28 – Registration Day for New Students
Sept 4 – First Day Back to School! Early dismissal at 10:53 am
Sep 17 – Pro D Day (No school for students)